Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Addicted

I'm ADDICTED...I admit it, I'm addicted to you.
But can you blame me? I

t's just something about the way you do the things you do.
Now, I know I sound like "The Temptations" with the words that I speak,
But it is something about your touch;
So strong, yet so meek.
Wondering many nights how I could possibly fit closer into your matchless arms;

However, not knowing that on your bracelet, I already assumed the position as a charm.

I'm ADDICTED... I admit it, I'm addicted with a strong measure.
Realizing I obtain more than the riches, powers, and the most abundant treasure.
Why reach and grasp more than what I already possess;
Much like participating yet again, once you've already won the contest.
Visibility becomes clearer to the state I reside in,
Listening is achieved to the ear I constantly confide in.
Warmth is ever present within the embrace I allow;
(Humph) I was once addicted, but it's even stronger now!

I'm ADDICTED...I admit it;
I'm addicted, with a feeling overflowing;
It's just like a chill that overtakes my insides,
And the weather doesn't even present snowing.
The roads I travel become plain, and all mountain-like obstacles become low;
What other type of addiction exists that would allow my intellect to grow?

I'm ADDICTED...I admit it;
I'm addicted with a strong emotion;
Much like the parting of that body of water, I can see through life's seas and
oceans.
Reversing the commonplace, and replacing the commonality;
I have become so infatuated with this entity, since my much needed transforming.
Realizing there would be no me if it had not been for him;
Understanding that I had been awakened where life once made me dim.

I'm ADDICTED...I admit it;
Don't try to save me from this state;
This doesn't require a scientific study, nor a genetic mapping trait.
I do not need the drugs, the counseling, nor a self help assisting course;
And please do not try to save me, or send to me your remorse.
A 12 step program has no place to where my addiction stands,
Because this addiction that I possess exists, due to only one man's hands.

The pen just had to testify!

1 comment: