Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Apply the Word

“There is a name I love to hear, I love to sing his praises.”
Well, if that’s the case why is it so hard to get our hand to raise?
It’s funny how God is open about the promises and plans he has for us,
But we only give him open praise when we have a positive in our life’s status.

“I’ve never seen the righteous forsaken;”
And if that is the case we are all mistaken;
When he wrote out the master plan it included all of our names,
Not limited to the poor, the weak, or the bearer of fortunes and fames.

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil;”
I laugh when I ponder, “Just why we grow timid when others become uncivil?”
You see God said that I will make your enemies your footstool; I will handle it all for you;
But as soon as that friend stabs us in the back we act like we don’t know what to do.

“When I said, my foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.”
So, can someone please tell me why so often we continue to give up?
Unlike man, God knows we aren’t perfect, and realizes that we will fall;
But when we are down and out why on the blackberry we continue to call?

It’s time to take heed to God’s promises. Bible verses are not given just to sound good, however, to give guidance. So many times we as Christians lose our way, and search for a way back to his goodness. The bible is the instruction manual to his way of living for us. Just as a cookbook for cooking, a map for travel, the bible is the guide for Christians to live by and seek guidance. Learn to trust in it, and understand it.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment